Sunday 30 March 2008

what day is it??

So, I spend part of both Saturday AND Sunday at the school, so I'm feeling like my weekend never really happened. I'm sending my stuff to Ian tomorrow, so hopefully he'll have some nice things to say.

In other news, even though I spent some time at the University, many fun activities happened this weekend.
1. REEP open house in Kitchener. It was pretty exciting to see the cool green renos that are planned for the new REEP century houses. One is a demo project, and the other will be the REEP offices. My favourite part of the day was that an 87 year old man born in one of the houses came to take the tour. I love that these houses have been part of this community for so long...if these wall could talk, eh? Also...the City Cafe croissant and coffee were a huge highlight...excellent suggestions from Marianne.
2. I officially kicked off bike season. It is a huge pain in the ass to get my bike out of the shed because I still have to slog through 2 feet of snow in the backyard...but enough is enough, and spring is here as far as I am concerned.
3. Earth Hour also was very fun. A candle lite BBQ should be part of every person's life on a weekly basis if possible.

Good luck with work this week ladies! And great job keeping Nathewrimo alive!

No comments: