Friday 14 March 2008

A schedule!

Hello all!

Well, the original rules of Nathewrimo have clearly been thrown out the window...but that's okay, because I think we are all getting stuff done. And personally, I like keeping account of what I've accomplished, and knowing that other people (Hi Liz!) are checking up on me. Also, thanks for the play list marianne....awesome stuff!

Anyways, I've been working on summarizing the literature that I've collected on cue cards. It has been pretty helpful, and I think I've sorted out a logical structure for my lit review already...which has been a challenge up until now. I'm also still looking for help as to how you peeps are planning on analyzing your data...so if anyone has good references for SPSS or qualitative interview stuff that would be great.

Another accomplishment has been to set a schedule with due dates for myself, which I need to stick to if I want to get out of here before August. So, here it is:
1. March 31st - Finish Ch. 1, 2 and 3 (intro, lit review and methodology).
2. April 15th - Finish Ch. 4 (results and analysis for my summer interviews)
3. May 15th - Transcribe school interviews, and write Ch. 5 (Case study results chapter)
4. June 15th - Finish Ch. 6 (Analysis chapter)
5. June 30th - Finish Ch. 7 (Conclusions and recommendations)

So, obviously this is a ton of work, but I think the due dates are realistic and achievable. I plan to hand my completed chapters to Ian as soon as I finish them , so by the end of June he'll have seen all my chapters. I hope to give Paul and Ian my 1st draft at the end of June, so that they can tear it apart. Hopefully, I'll be able to keep to this schedule, but I think it will help me keep focused as well. So, I have 2 weeks to turn out a finished, decent lit review!

And.....YAY, it's Friday! See you guys tomorrow at the Charity ball and Sunday for breakie!

No comments: