Monday 3 March 2008

A shaky start...



I also had a shaky start to writing. I started the day with every intention of spending time fixing up my literature review... but after a few minutes of flipping back and forth thru the word doc I gave up. I've got thirty pages or so 'written' but its not in any order that makes sense. And, as I said previously, I told my advisor that I'd have a chapter written by the end of the week.

Today, I spent most of my time organizing my energy consumption data in preparation for being sent off for weather-adjusting. My data set is massive and overwhelming... and needs to be 'cleaned' up before it can be analyzed.

As for 'writing', I got some information into my methods chapter. No fresh material though, just cut-and-paste from other documents into appropriate sub-headings. I guess there's no sense re-writing anything, so I'm going to count these pages. Claire, I can totally relate to how your feeling. The 'whys' are killing me!

On a side note, what line spacing is everyone using? I don't know how important this is.. but I don't want to feel behind or a head of anyone if I'm actually not. I'm using 1.5 spacing.

Also, for the other NaTheWriMo participants, if you are having trouble posting on the blog, feel free to contact me!


Image from here.

1 comment:

Claire said...

Hey Sarah!...I'm also using 1.5.

I'm almost "glad" that you had a shaky start today too...it makes me feel like I'm not alone.

Anyways, tomorrow is another day. Good luck with the consumption data!