Wednesday 5 March 2008

Data confusion...

This morning I was sorting thru my mountains of data. I was attempting to match up account numbers, consumption information and questionnaire data... and I had a bit of a scare. 38 of my account numbers didn't match the original account information that I had been given. Which either meant that I have been given the wrong data for 38 units, or the original account information I was given was incorrect.

'Luckily', it the original account information I was given was incorrect, which means that I only wasted about 2 hours of my time and I don't need to do any recalculations (that would have been a waste of ~15 hours of work).

Also, it was fortunate that when I was doing my questionnaires I made up a 'project reference number' that matched the address and not the incorrect account number. Even though there was a mix-up with the account numbers, I'm still able to match up my questionnaire data to the correct household. Phew!

.... I really like having this blog to vent too!

On todays agenda...
1. sorting thru consumption data and accounts
2. meeting with observer for my lecture tomorrow
3. Writing - I'm going to try to tackle some of my methods section, and summarize my interview findings. Hopefully this will help bring up my page count ;)

No comments: