Monday 3 March 2008

This is harder than it looks....

Whoooooeeeee...day one of NaTheWriMo was off to a slow, grinding start for me. I realized this morning that a funding application that I had forgotten about was due today, so I spent most of the morning working on that. I did get some writing done this afternoon, but it is HARD to write without editing. I'm trying to resist, but I think that I wrote one, maybe two, pages today. I'm off to a slow start, but it's a start!!

My lit review is a mess right now, so I decided to start with the methodology section. I figured, how hard can that be?...I just have to write what I did. Turns out, it is actually pretty hard when you have to think about WHY you did every little thing. HOW did I pick the schools I did? WHY did I do it that way? Was there a better way? How does this affect my results (whatever they may be...)? Anyways, I probably did more think than writing...but that can't be bad either.

I also decided to try to work from home today. It worked pretty well, although I did end up taking an extended lunch to fix myself something nice, and I ate 3 muffins (delicious!). I'm going to go to school tomorrow to see how that works, and also because I need to use SPSS at some point tomorrow.

Anyways, that's it for me...How's everyone else doing?

No comments: