Tuesday 11 March 2008

I got two turn tables and a microphone

Whoa Sarah, awesome idea with the cue cards! That's an excellent strategy. Keeping myself on the rails when writing is one my my bigger challenges. Once I actually get writing, that is. 

This weekend was more fun than work-ish. With the snowstorm on Saturday I wanted to go snowshoeing and rob wanted to check out a bluegrass band playing at the Duke, we decided to compromise and snowshoe to the duke! It was super fun, and I won a CD from a great band from Montreal.  Anyhoo, that translated into a very late night and a very late morning (not hungover, just way sleepy). So Sunday was a bit of a bust. We also switched from afternoon shift to morning shift so I'm adjusting to less sleep t shift my schedule back by about 4 hours. 

I did some random writing her and there, but my main accomplishment was reading trough chapter one and making lots of corrections and additions and shifting sections (on paper, I still have to transfer it all to type). Today I am adding bits and pieces from articles to beef up some points, then I plan to fix up chapter one in a typed way. Those are both big enough tasks for one day, but let's say there's a miracle and that all happens, in that case I will then put together my criteria for case study selection. This all has to be way backed up with lots of lit and writing, so no small feat. Once I do that I can chose and analyse 3 international case studies (sustainable housing innovators, specifically ones relating to my criteria). Then after that it's on to choosing my K/W case studies and hashing out interview questions for the narratives/interviews. 

Obviously, this is not all on the plate for today, but as I write it out I get chills...time to brew some (caffeinated) tea and crack the whip...action time!

Good luck everyone!

marianne

No comments: