Monday 3 March 2008

Welcome to the NaTheWriMo!!

Ready... Set... GO!!!!

I'm very excited to get this started! I really need the motivation to get this thesis drafted and completed. I've got a long way to go, but I think if I break it down into manageable chunks, it will be a much more enjoyable experience.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to strictly focus on writing this month. Here's a list of things that I've got on my mind:

1. A job interview tomorrow. And possibly another one next week.
2. My adviser wants a chapter 2 asap --> therefore, I'm going to have to spend a bit of time this week editing (I'm already breaking rules)
3. I'm doing a guest lecture for a forth year class as part of my certificate in university teaching
4. I want to start my teaching dossier for the same certificate
5. I'm helping organizing "Earth-Day" activities with Guelph Environmental Leadership
6. I'm preparing notes and attending a meeting for the Faculty of Environmental Sciences Alumni Network
7. I've got thesis data... mountains of thesis data.. to organize and evaluate (and hopefully write about)
8. I'm presenting two research presentations this month.

Phew... It's going to be a busy month. But, if I take a bit of time every day to write a few pages... this thesis will be done that little bit faster. And you guys watching me is just the motivation I need!

Please use this blog to post your concerns, frustrations, and successes. Tips and tricks. Motivational quotes. Funny pictures. Whatever you need! This space is yours.

Good luck everyone!

-Sarah

1 comment:

jennifer said...

yeah I think you are one of the best post publishers I've ever seen
thesis paper writing