Friday 4 April 2008

April showers bring May flowers...

Hello ladies...


I was encouraged to contribute a little more to this blog...here is my attempt:)
This month seems to have started off an a low note for all...but may I remind you that it is April!!! Here are some lovely quotes about spring to inspire you:

"I love spring anywhere, but if I could choose I would always greet it in a garden."- Ruth Stout

"Science has never drummed up quite as effective a tranquilizing agent as a sunny spring day."- W. Earl Hall

"When March goes on forever, And April's twice as long, Who gives a damn if spring has come, As long as winter's gone."- R. L. Ruzicka

Ok so these aren't really that great, but I tried. Maybe we can all get together and watch Bambi to celebrate the season...or we could start some sort of spring/summer preparation group where we could practice dodging cars on our bikes, avoiding dog poop on the sidewalk and chasing after the ice cream man at record speed (does anyone remember dickie dee??). Tomorrow I am going to walk around the block in my bathing suit and high heels to get ready for swim suit season if anyone wants to join me.

There is a little running motivational trick where, for every kilometer you run in training, you take an elastic band and start forming a ball...and eventually it gets gigantic and you get to see how much you've accomplished. I might try this trick, since keeping track of page numbers in word documents does not seem to work....so tomorrow I am going to walk around the block in my bathing suit and high heels carrying a small ball of elastic bands. I will leave bail money with my landlord.

I hope everyone has a great weekend! I leave you with these little poems...

Don't Quitby: Unknown Author
When things go wrong as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh.
When care is pressing you down a bit.
Rest, if you must, but don't you quit.
Life is queer with its twists and turns
As every one of us sometimes learns.
And many a failure turns about
When he might have won had he stuck it out:
Don't give up though the pace seems slow -You may succeed with another blow.
Success is failure turned inside out -The silver tint of the clouds of doubt.
And you never can tell how close you are.
It may be near when it seems so far: So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.

If I Had My Child to Raise Over Again

If I had my child to raise all over again,I'd finger-paint more, and point the finger less.
I would do less correcting and more connecting.
I'd take my eyes off my watch, and watch with my eyes.
I would care to know less and know to care more.
I'd take more hikes and fly more kites.
I'd stop playing serious, and seriously play.
I would run through more fields and gaze at more stars.
I'd do more hugging and less tugging.
I'd build self-esteem first, and the house later.
I would be firm less often, and affirm much more.
I'd teach less about the love of power, And more about the power of love.
Diane Loomans

2 comments:

Sarah Ivy said...

Lynz, you're freaking awesome. I have a funny mental picture of you in my head now. You actually made me laugh out loud at my desk.

Happy weekend!

Claire said...

ahhahahhahahahahahhaa! Oh man..whenever I get fed up with my thesis, I am going to picture you strutting around with your elastic bands....Eugene would be so confused!