Tuesday 20 May 2008

Starting the countdown...34 days to go

Looking at my last post, I realize that I did have a lot going on, and I am happy to report that I have been able to cross a few things off the list. The OCE conference was a good experience. I got to meet many people that I think will be useful in the coming months, and the oral competition was actually pretty fun. I didn't win (dang!), but I got a lot of good comments, and it was a good experience in public speaking. I've also sent off a couple applications for the interesting jobs I mentioned in my last post, so at least that's off my plate for a bit.

I also finished my paper for the World Wind Energy Conference for next month. It's my first published, thesis-related thing, so that's pretty cool. I'll have to prep a 15 minute presentation, but that is definitely going to get thrown together a few days before the conference.

Random wedding-related excitement is that we sent out the invites on monday (yay!), my dress has arrived (yay! yay!), AND we received our first wedding gift! Wow...I guess I'm actually going to get married this summer! Exciting stuff!

So, now the major thing on the agenda is getting a completed first draft to Ian before I go to the WWEC conference in 34 days. June 23rd is d-day I'm going to be hardcore about this, because there is no more time for fucking around. SO, you can expect me to update this blog with progress hopefully daily with an account of what I've managed to finish. So, today, I'm starting with 53 pages of written material, and almost 4 completed chapters. What I need to do is:
1. Finish the discussion for chapter 4
2. Write up the results (SPSS and interview stuff)
3. Write up the discussions

I figure if I write about another 40-50 pages I'll be happy. So....here goes!!! Hope every one is doing well!

No comments: